(1) How marvellous that the ghastly humbug Esther Rantzen only managed to come fourth!
(2) Total lack of progress by the BNP and UKIP.
(3) I am delighted by Caroline Lucas's success in Brighton for the Green Party.
(4) Gutter press propaganda in favour of the Conservatives and its smears against Labour do not seem to have had much effect. It is remarkable that the Tories failed to do any better than 36% of the vote in such favourable circumstances for them. The newspapers seem to be losing some of their influence.
(5) Good riddance to Jacqui Smith, who was a thundering disgrace.
(1) The defeat of Evan Harris in Oxford is a grave blow. From the rationalist/secularist point of view, he was one of the best MPs in the House.
(2) Above all, it's a tragedy that the Lib Dem score was not enough to give them the clout to secure a proportional voting system. We may not get another chance. I hope I am wrong.